Conversational Questions Intermediate/Advanced – Phrasal Verbs 1
- Fill in the gaps using the correct form of the verbs below.
- Talk about each question and tell some good stories if you can.
- Make a note of any new vocabulary.
act come crack fight freak give go go hang hear hold live lock make miss naff pass run set shut
1. Have you ever felt faint and then __________ out?
2. Have you ever __________ into a friend unexpectedly when you were on holiday?
3. How many times have you lost or forgotten your keys and been __________ out of your home?
4. Are you good at solving problems if your computer starts to __________ up?
5. If someone was being rude to you would you tell someone to __________ up?
6. Do you tend to __________ up an excuse if you’re late for an appointment?
7. Do you ever __________ over your old English exercises again to test yourself and improve ?
8. What time do you usually __________ out in the morning?
9. Have you ever __________ out on a good opportunity?
10. Is it a good idea for couples to __________ together for a few years before they get married?
11. How would you feel if someone told you to __________ off?
12. Why is it usually so hard for smokers to __________ up cigarettes?
13. Where do you __________ out your washing?
14. What time does the sun __________ down at the moment?
15. Have you __________ about the controversy surrounding the collapse of Building 7 on 9/11?
16. Do people from poorer backgrounds get __________ back by lack of opportunities?
17. Have you ever __________ up laughing at an inappropriate moment?
18. Would it __________ you out if you were to meet an alien from another planet?
19. What’s the best way of __________ off a cold?
20. What’s the most interesting thing about the place where you __________ from?
Give your answers to these questions in an online meeting with us and we’ll give you one week of free conversational lessons without any obligation.
- Levels : Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced.
- Conditions : One free trial mini course is available per person – after a successful online level check & chat.
- You will need to have a Zoom account to take part in your introductory conversational questions session, needs analysis & level check.
- At the end of your session you will be given (i) a quick assessment of your current level & (ii) the opportunity to take part in a free 5 x 60 minute course of online speaking lessons in a suitable group.
- There is absolutely no obligation for you to continue lessons with EnglishTrainers.org on a paid basis at the end of this trial period. However, if you request to continue you will then be able to book further lessons with us.